Skip to main content

New Painting With Details

Ariele's Table, 2011, acrylic on canvas, 60 x 60 inches
(c) 2011




Four images above: (details) Ariele's Table

Comments

I like paints said…
I adore the bold colours and mark making, wonderful work.
Paul Behnke said…
Thanks very much Eleanor.
I love it Paul! This one is my new favorite. You put the triangle in just for me!?! I adoooore it.
Paul Behnke said…
Your triangle pulled this piece together for me! I'm very happy you like it.
Eva said…
Wow, first time here - I love your paintings!
brian edmonds said…
Again, very nice. Who or what are u currently looking at? What is influencing you at the moment?
Paul Behnke said…
Hi Brian- Recently I've been looking at Giotto, Resnick and Alfred Leslie (abstractions). And reading Jean-Paul Riopelle interviews and a lot about St. Francis. But I'm not sure if and when all of this will influence my work.
brian edmonds said…
You need to read this if you haven't.
Nice article on Resnick. Keep up the good work.
http://www.artinamericamagazine.com/features/milton-resnick/
Paul Behnke said…
I saw that! Great article...Thanks for linking it!

Popular posts from this blog

Retrospective: Sylvester Stallone - Paintings 1975 - 2015

Sylvester Stallone, Untitled (Michael Jackson) , 2010 Real Love: Paintings 1975 - 2015 Opened on May 16th Musée d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporaine Place Yves Klein 06364 Nice cedex 4 For more information visit artnet news .

Franz Kline: In Color

Franz Kline (1910-1962) is often pigeonholed as a "black and white" painter. Above is a selection of work by the Ab-Ex master in which color merges with gesture and at times takes center stage.

The Painter Eva Hesse

The hell with them all. Paint yourself out, through and through, it will come by you alone. You must come to terms with your own work not with any other being. -Eva Hesse detail The Brooklyn Museum is currently showing Eva Hesse Spectres 1960 and some of the images included in this post will be on view. The exhibit offers an often overlooked aspect of the great sculptor's artistic output and shows her to be an interesting, formidable and influential painter. Read the NY Times article here . The exhibition will continue through January 8.