Skip to main content

Anon, No More Anon


A still of Leonard Whiting in Romeo and Juliet (1968)



Hi Friends,

While I gratefully appreciate all who check out my blog posts and take the time to comment I have decided I will no longer publish comments posted anonymously.

Everyone has been respectful in their remarks towards me and the work and artists I post but frankly, I just think it's polite to let everyone know who we are conversing with.

I realize it's quicker to post an anonymous comment than to sign in to blogger so, even when using the Anonymous option, I will ask that you please sign your post and perhaps leave a link so we can all check out your art or your own blog.

Take care and thanks again for looking!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retrospective: Sylvester Stallone - Paintings 1975 - 2015

Sylvester Stallone, Untitled (Michael Jackson) , 2010 Real Love: Paintings 1975 - 2015 Opened on May 16th Musée d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporaine Place Yves Klein 06364 Nice cedex 4 For more information visit artnet news .

Franz Kline: In Color

Franz Kline (1910-1962) is often pigeonholed as a "black and white" painter. Above is a selection of work by the Ab-Ex master in which color merges with gesture and at times takes center stage.

The Painter Eva Hesse

The hell with them all. Paint yourself out, through and through, it will come by you alone. You must come to terms with your own work not with any other being. -Eva Hesse detail The Brooklyn Museum is currently showing Eva Hesse Spectres 1960 and some of the images included in this post will be on view. The exhibit offers an often overlooked aspect of the great sculptor's artistic output and shows her to be an interesting, formidable and influential painter. Read the NY Times article here . The exhibition will continue through January 8.