Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Willem de Kooning

Willem De Kooning born: April 24, 1904 







"..of course to think such things, I have to admit- it isn't very grown-up.
I can't help it. I stayed in this world of childish wonder. I think a lot of
creative people never grow up. I am certain that a real man wouldn't
paint any pictures!...or wonder about the universe...or believe in dreams
...or think that trees sometimes look at him."






Comments

Jon Manteau said…
Wow...never saw that 1st shot of Willem!! We aren't going to have children...but if we'd had two boys. There names might have been..Jackson and Willem...

Popular posts from this blog

Retrospective: Sylvester Stallone - Paintings 1975 - 2015

Sylvester Stallone, Untitled (Michael Jackson) , 2010 Real Love: Paintings 1975 - 2015 Opened on May 16th Musée d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporaine Place Yves Klein 06364 Nice cedex 4 For more information visit artnet news .

Franz Kline: In Color

Franz Kline (1910-1962) is often pigeonholed as a "black and white" painter. Above is a selection of work by the Ab-Ex master in which color merges with gesture and at times takes center stage.

The Painter Eva Hesse

The hell with them all. Paint yourself out, through and through, it will come by you alone. You must come to terms with your own work not with any other being. -Eva Hesse detail The Brooklyn Museum is currently showing Eva Hesse Spectres 1960 and some of the images included in this post will be on view. The exhibit offers an often overlooked aspect of the great sculptor's artistic output and shows her to be an interesting, formidable and influential painter. Read the NY Times article here . The exhibition will continue through January 8.