Thursday, June 11, 2020

Aham: A Video Project by Nehal Devi


Nehal Devi, Video still from Aham, 2020

Nehal Devi, Video still from Aham, 2020



Aham, Nehal Devi, 2020


I live my life in widening circles that reach out across the world. I may not ever complete the last one, but I give myself to it. I circle around God, that primordial tower. I have been circling for thousands of years, and I still don’t know: am I a falcon, a storm, or a great song? Rainer Maria Rilke


Nehal Devi, Video still from Aham, 2020


Nehal Devi is a yogini and an artist, who expresses herself through varied forms: painting, performance, and moving/still images. She explores the seemingly paradoxical relationship between Nehal, the ‘self’ identified with her name and form (the relative ‘I’), and Devi, the unchanging unidentified ‘Self’ (the absolute ‘I’). Her work focuses on I-I.


All Images & Content © Nehal Devi 2020

No comments: