Skip to main content

Aham: A Video Project by Nehal Devi


Nehal Devi, Video still from Aham, 2020

Nehal Devi, Video still from Aham, 2020



Aham, Nehal Devi, 2020


I live my life in widening circles that reach out across the world. I may not ever complete the last one, but I give myself to it. I circle around God, that primordial tower. I have been circling for thousands of years, and I still don’t know: am I a falcon, a storm, or a great song? Rainer Maria Rilke


Nehal Devi, Video still from Aham, 2020


Nehal Devi is a yogini and an artist, who expresses herself through varied forms: painting, performance, and moving/still images. She explores the seemingly paradoxical relationship between Nehal, the ‘self’ identified with her name and form (the relative ‘I’), and Devi, the unchanging unidentified ‘Self’ (the absolute ‘I’). Her work focuses on I-I.


All Images & Content © Nehal Devi 2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retrospective: Sylvester Stallone - Paintings 1975 - 2015

Sylvester Stallone, Untitled (Michael Jackson) , 2010 Real Love: Paintings 1975 - 2015 Opened on May 16th Musée d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporaine Place Yves Klein 06364 Nice cedex 4 For more information visit artnet news .

Franz Kline: In Color

Franz Kline (1910-1962) is often pigeonholed as a "black and white" painter. Above is a selection of work by the Ab-Ex master in which color merges with gesture and at times takes center stage.

The Painter Eva Hesse

The hell with them all. Paint yourself out, through and through, it will come by you alone. You must come to terms with your own work not with any other being. -Eva Hesse detail The Brooklyn Museum is currently showing Eva Hesse Spectres 1960 and some of the images included in this post will be on view. The exhibit offers an often overlooked aspect of the great sculptor's artistic output and shows her to be an interesting, formidable and influential painter. Read the NY Times article here . The exhibition will continue through January 8.