Skip to main content

Sally Gabori: A Great-Grandmother's Traditions in Paint

Ninjiki, 2006, acrylic on canvas, 136 x 151 cm.

My Country, acrylic on linen, 121 x 137 cm.

Dibirdibi Country, 2011, acrylic on linen, 151 x 196 cm.



Sally Gabori w/ her work.

Thundi, 2009, acrylic on linen, 196 x 151 cm.

Comments

Paul Behnke said…
Hey Brian,
I think I lost some of your comments on this post---blogger was doing some maintanence...
brian edmonds said…
Hey Paul,

I had just commented that I recently came across the work of Minnie Pwerle. An aboriginal painter that passed in 2006. I had never heard of her even thought I was familiar with aboriginal painting. I found her work to be very contemporary. You can see her work at http://www.minniepwerle.com.au/
Paul Behnke said…
I've seen a little of her work through friends in Australia that collect Aboriginal work. Thanks for the link...I look forward to seeing more of her stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Retrospective: Sylvester Stallone - Paintings 1975 - 2015

Sylvester Stallone, Untitled (Michael Jackson) , 2010 Real Love: Paintings 1975 - 2015 Opened on May 16th Musée d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporaine Place Yves Klein 06364 Nice cedex 4 For more information visit artnet news .

Franz Kline: In Color

Franz Kline (1910-1962) is often pigeonholed as a "black and white" painter. Above is a selection of work by the Ab-Ex master in which color merges with gesture and at times takes center stage.

The Painter Eva Hesse

The hell with them all. Paint yourself out, through and through, it will come by you alone. You must come to terms with your own work not with any other being. -Eva Hesse detail The Brooklyn Museum is currently showing Eva Hesse Spectres 1960 and some of the images included in this post will be on view. The exhibit offers an often overlooked aspect of the great sculptor's artistic output and shows her to be an interesting, formidable and influential painter. Read the NY Times article here . The exhibition will continue through January 8.