"The object of these pages is to relate the genesis of a master-
piece. The masterpiece is hanging on the wall in front of me;
it is dry now. I am putting this down to remember the process,
because I shall probably never do another like it."
Above: Excerpt from Black Spring by Henry Miller. This copy was published by Grove Press in 1963.
Above: Excerpt from Black Spring by Henry Miller. This copy was published by Grove Press in 1963.













Comments
@ Brian: I read almost everything by Miller some years ago and am just now re-reading Black Spring (one of my favorites). Have you read the Rosy Crucifixion Series? In it Miller revisits the Capricorn/ Cancer times through the eyes of an older man. A somewhat different perspective. I also liked Air Conditioned Nightmare.
I've never read Celine. Can you suggest a good introduction?
Thanks to you both for looking.
Yes, One of DeKooning's Women I think.
Ola Thumb
Black Spring is maybe my favorite Miller book!