Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Yes, I'm a Witch at FATVillage Projects, Fort Lauderdale, FL




The group exhibition curated, by Milly Cardoso, will feature Julia Oldham's Forest Maker, 2018



A still image from Oldham's Forest Maker.


From the Press Release:

“The first time I called myself a 'Witch' was the most magical moment of my life.”
― Margot Adler, Drawing Down the Moon: Witches, Druids, Goddess-Worshippers, and Other Pagans in America

Yes, I’m a Witch explores feminism, the witch trials, and the mysticism and folklore surrounding witches. Taken from Yoko Ono’s 1974 song entitled, Yes, I’m a Witch, the exhibition is an ode to the strong woman who goes against societal norms, the woman that owns her power and sexuality and challenges the patriarchy. Exuding feminine strength wasn’t acceptable then, and it’s not acceptable now. The desire to punish is prevalent today. A coven of thirteen artists, whom all originate from different background and interests will be working in a variety of media.




No comments: