Thursday, February 13, 2014

Line Work by Liz Mares






From the Artist's Statement:

Line has always been a mystery to me. It's subtle structure and the fact that it is (in my opinion) the starting point for all things. Over the years, I have become completely obsessed with the lines of architecture and engineering and how it relates to natural entities - such as the human body.

Working with line has become philosophy to me and my study and experimentation with it, induces a sort of transcendental meditation. This is where the formulas of my structures happen and this is how my art is born.

 








Liz Mares is a mixed media artist and photographer based in Chicago, IL.
Her work was recently seen in group exhibitions at White Ripple Gallery & Co. (Hammond, IN), Walnut Ink Projects (Michigan City, IN), and Dove's Tale Gallery (Michigan City, IN).
Mares is represented by CNR Fine Art.

To view more of Liz Mares work check out her website.







Liz Mares in Chicago, IL
Self portrait, 2014

No comments: