I had just commented that I recently came across the work of Minnie Pwerle. An aboriginal painter that passed in 2006. I had never heard of her even thought I was familiar with aboriginal painting. I found her work to be very contemporary. You can see her work at http://www.minniepwerle.com.au/
I've seen a little of her work through friends in Australia that collect Aboriginal work. Thanks for the link...I look forward to seeing more of her stuff.
Sylvester Stallone, Untitled (Michael Jackson) , 2010 Real Love: Paintings 1975 - 2015 Opened on May 16th Musée d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporaine Place Yves Klein 06364 Nice cedex 4 For more information visit artnet news .
Franz Kline (1910-1962) is often pigeonholed as a "black and white" painter. Above is a selection of work by the Ab-Ex master in which color merges with gesture and at times takes center stage.
Comments
I think I lost some of your comments on this post---blogger was doing some maintanence...
I had just commented that I recently came across the work of Minnie Pwerle. An aboriginal painter that passed in 2006. I had never heard of her even thought I was familiar with aboriginal painting. I found her work to be very contemporary. You can see her work at http://www.minniepwerle.com.au/