Skip to main content

Brenda Goodman @ John Davis Gallery

Look Out, 2014, oil on paper and wood, 10x10 in.




“About two years ago, I began a transition in my life that had a significant impact on these paintings. I felt the reality of having moved from New York City to the Catskill Mountains in a new way, realizing the impact it was having on my career as well as on my sense of identity as an artist. At the same time, being just a year away from turning 70, I was motivated to lose weight and improve my overall health. Consequently, my former 185 pound body became a thin 115 pounds. I felt healthier, more energized, more animated, and more confident. These changes have had a positive effect on this current body of work, which I began in late spring a year ago. My work has always reflected and expressed my internal life and, like myself, I feel the new paintings are bold, bright, animated, and confident.”

Brenda Goodman, 2014





Brenda Goodman: Painting
Through August 10
362 1/2 Warren Street
Hudson, NY 12534

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retrospective: Sylvester Stallone - Paintings 1975 - 2015

Sylvester Stallone, Untitled (Michael Jackson) , 2010 Real Love: Paintings 1975 - 2015 Opened on May 16th Musée d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporaine Place Yves Klein 06364 Nice cedex 4 For more information visit artnet news .

Franz Kline: In Color

Franz Kline (1910-1962) is often pigeonholed as a "black and white" painter. Above is a selection of work by the Ab-Ex master in which color merges with gesture and at times takes center stage.

The Painter Eva Hesse

The hell with them all. Paint yourself out, through and through, it will come by you alone. You must come to terms with your own work not with any other being. -Eva Hesse detail The Brooklyn Museum is currently showing Eva Hesse Spectres 1960 and some of the images included in this post will be on view. The exhibit offers an often overlooked aspect of the great sculptor's artistic output and shows her to be an interesting, formidable and influential painter. Read the NY Times article here . The exhibition will continue through January 8.